Managed Support Case Study
We recently worked with a fantastic Leading London University who are in the Top 10 for Graduate employability with over 400 post and under graduate courses and an IT team tasked with supporting 2,500 staff and in excess of 20,000 students.
We immediately set about implementing a full managed service on site engineer to care of the university, as well as 24×7 remote monitoring and management. We also set about utilising lifecycle consultancy, management reports and configuration backups. Our management reports also came alongside monthly and quarterly reviews, so we were constantly on top of performance, as well as keeping a close eye on Trend Analysis and Utilisation Stats.
- Full Managed Service on site engineer
- 24×7 remote monitoring and management
- Lifecycle consultancy
- Configuration backup, management reports
- Monthly and quarterly reviews
- Trend Analysis and Utilisation stats
There we several challenges that went alongside this project, firstly there was reduced internal resource and funding within the institution, we also required network and security visibility without restriction, we also had to consider student access and associated capacity planning as well as the ever changing higher education landscape.
- Reduced internal resource and funding
- Network and security visibility and utilisation without restriction
- Student access and associated capacity planning
- Changing HE landscape
- Pro-active planning of future CapEx and control of ongoing OpEx
- Increased reliability and ease of student access
- Trend and analysis of data to help make more informed decisions
- Ability to explore and react to areas of growth or change